Know Your Rights
2. I can say “NO” if the police ask permission to search me (or my things). Saying “NO” does not mean I have something to hide.
3. I can leave unless I am being detained or arrested.
4. If I am being detained or arrested, I have a right to know why, and a right to speak privately to a lawyer without delay—even if I can’t afford to pay.
5. I can only be strip-searched in private by officers of the same sex.
6. I have a right to know a police officer’s name and badge number.
7. I can report a police officer who abuses me, swears at me or violates my rights.
#rights #amendment #righttoremainsilent #attorney #lawyer #gdwlaw #criminalattorney #criminaldefense #felony #misdemeanor #bail